Saturday, February 21, 2015

Assignment 2/21


Paloma Cruz

Assignment Due 2/21

Siddhartha

"It is good," he thought, "to get a taste of everything for oneself, which one needs to know. That lust for the world and riches do not belong to the good things, I have already learned as a child. I have known it for a long time, but I have experienced only now. And now I know it, don't just know it in my memory, but in my eyes, in my heart, in my stomach. Good for me, to know this!" Herman Hesse

I think that the meaning of this quote is that in life you need to experience everything on your own. You cannot learn from other people’s experiences even if that means going to really bad things in order to learn. I also think that it means that it's bad to posses richness  in excess and greediness because it brings disharmony and fights for power in the world.
I feel that this passage it’s very important because of my own experience I have not learn through other people’s experiences and I also see this very often with people around me. I also found this quote very interesting because it’s what we’re seeing  in the world; countries fighting for greed, power and wealth. I see it every day on the news how so many people are killed due to the war that they have in those countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment